What are automations?
In Rownd, Automations are tools that empower you to enhance and optimize your app’s sign-up process without any coding. You can configure automations to add functions to your app like prompting users to sign in, collecting additional information, or triggering specific Rownd actions when users interact with certain elements. Automations help improve your app’s sign in and user flows without the need for extensive technical expertise.
Note: Rownd must be installed on your app in order for automations to work properly.
Why use automations?
- Fast iteration and testing: With Automations, you can experiment with new elements in your sign-up flow and iterate rapidly.
- No-code server side changes: Rownd operates server-side, ensuring that your changes and Automations are instantly applied to your app when you save them on the platform. There’s no need to involve engineering for minor adjustments or updates.
- Easy customization: One significant advantage of Automations is the ability to tailor the wording and style for each one. For instance, you can easily adjust the title of a sign-in prompt to better match your content.
How It Works
- Browse the Automations catalog in the Automations tab and select the automation that best matches what you are trying to do.
- Configure your automation, including naming it and specifying the type of prompt it will be, among other options.
- Customize the style and wording of your automation, which may vary depending on the type.
- Save and publish to immediately implement your automation in your app.
- Iterate over time by making adjustments and refinements until your automation operates optimally for you users.
Current and coming soon Rownd automations
While this feature is still in Beta, we are still building new automations every week! Below are a few of our existing and in progress automations and what they will help you accomplish.
Sign-In Prompt: Encourage users to sign in based on clicks, time duration, sessions, or an entire page. Connect this prompt to a sign-in button or an app feature requiring authentication.
Sign-Out Event: Enable users to end their current session with a “Sign-out” button or any other element you choose.
Request Additional Information: Enable this automation to easily gather extra user information. Once activated, it prompts users to provide additional details, making it applicable in various scenarios such as age verification, collecting usernames, and requesting secondary email or address information.
Collect Form Data (Coming Soon!): Connect Rownd data fields to a form in your application to passively add information to a user’s Rownd profile while they use your app.
Open Profile (Coming Soon!): Launch the Rownd profile from a button or element within your app, allowing users to update their data and connected accounts.
Google One Tap (Coming Soon!): Prompt users to sign in using a Google account. Configure when this prompt appears, whether on click, based on time, session, or an entire page. Use it to re-prompt users if they initially ignore the one-tap prompt.
Passkey prompt (Coming Soon!) The passkey prompt automation allows you to prompt users to add a passkey to their account based on clicks, time duration, sessions, or an entire page. You can connect this prompt to a button or element within your app to prompt users to add a passkey.
Promotional Opt in (Coming Soon!): This automation enables you to request email or text message marketing opt-ins from your users with ease. When enabled, you can customize and automate the opt-in process according to your preferences. You have the flexibility to determine the frequency, timing, and mode of communication that works best for your users.